After all those calculations about how many gallons of diesel fuel you burned moving those widgets from Singapore to Long Beach, you can let your guilt down a notch. Sailing vessels are back. SkySails is a Danish firm who claim they can reduce fuel consumption by up to 50% by attaching enormous kite-like sails to cargo ships. [link via alt-e]
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
Online: Jan 8
Webinar: Profiling the Practice of Corporate Citizenship
This FREE webinar explores how the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) dimensions of business are managed in today’s business world, and how these practices have evolved. Register here.
- Travis Noland
Atlanta: Jan 22 – Jan 24
RLSC’s Reverse Logistics Conference
What are the most critical issues facing reverse logistics executives today? Speakers include experts from retail, manufacturing, academia, and service sectors. This is the largest reverse logistics event of 2014. Register here.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Bala R. Subramanian on Tesla and SolarCity Partner to Provide Energy Storage for Commercial Buildings
- John Socrates on GMO Labeling Now Law in Connecticut (Well, Sort Of)
- FauxScienceSlayer on Tata Motors Air Car—Is it Really Coming?
- Robert on Ford: Top 10 Trends Shaping the World in 2014
- The Honor System | I also live on a farm on Panera Bread Experiments with “Pay What You Want” Model
- The Importance of Clean Drinking Water
- How to furnish your home in an eco-friendly sustainable way
- Kenya – An environmental balance
- RLSC’s 2014 Reverse Logistics Conference
- An inside look at the practice of corporate citizenship
- Join us for the webinar: Innovating for Shared Value Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:00 am EST