After all those calculations about how many gallons of diesel fuel you burned moving those widgets from Singapore to Long Beach, you can let your guilt down a notch. Sailing vessels are back. SkySails is a Danish firm who claim they can reduce fuel consumption by up to 50% by attaching enormous kite-like sails to cargo ships. [link via alt-e]
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
A New Day Dawns for Sailing Ships
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk