Anyone who’s ever calculated the real price of gasoline knows the many other ways in which we pay to keep gas cheap. This is the basis for justifying the use of gas tax revenue to support things other than highways, for example, public transit and other civic projects. Canadian cities have taken advantage of this logic, and can now look forward to a new source of funding. The money will go mostly toward city services.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Canada Gas Tax Going to Cities
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors