Coke Japan uses a methane fermentation processing unit to make energy from the coffee grounds and used tealeaves generated during the beverage manufacturing process. The scheme lowers operating costs by reducing waste volume, not to mention the transport costs and the added bonus of methane generated electricity.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Coca-Cola Japan Making Power from Tea Leaves
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials