Classic economic theory is being seen as increasingly incompatible with sustainability. Ideas integral to it, such as Increased individual happiness being directly correlated with increased consumption, are subject to ever increasing scrutiny. Cognitive economics sees the processes of individual and collective fiscal reasoning as a far less linear process, and incorporates a myriad of methods into its framework. Some of the various disciplines from which cognitive economics derives these methods include neuroscience, social psychology, and behavioral economics, to name just a few.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- Nikki Pantony on Greenpeace Slams Amazon on Dirty Energy Use
- SLDI on State of the World Economy: The Emperor Has No Clothes
- Nikki Pantony on Renewable Energy Credits Explained
- Angi Baker on New Ford F-150 Is the First Light-Duty Pickup Truck With LED Headlamps
- Usama Zubair on Nitrous Oxide’s Global Warming Impact No Laughing Matter
- Sustainable Brands® Announces 2014 Innovation Open Semi-finalists
- OF THE SEA, a new film about seafood & sustainability launches on Kickstarter
- Global Reporting Initiative celebrates new era for non-financial information disclosure in the EU
- More Renewable Energy Needed to Avoid Catastrophic Climate Change
- Sustainability Report 2013: HEINEKEN on its way to meet 2020 commitments
- Sustainable Sourcing: General Mills Invites Open Dialogue on Twitter