More interesting perspectives from Cuba: Economic problems, the embargo, and the collaps of the USSR may have triggered Cuba’s new green outlook by allowing “ecological thinking to come to the fore against developmentalist and narrowly economic thinking.” But, in the agricultural sector, seeds of ecological consiousness were planted as early as the 1980s which formed the real backbone of Cuba’s ability to adjust to a new green philosphy.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Ecologists by Necesity
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials