A German study recently concluded “wind farms are an expensive and inefficient way of generating sustainable energy” and that a far more cost effective method of reducing the ramifications of demand is to make houses more energy efficient. The study did not go so far as to condemn wind energy generation, suggesting a mix of renewable sources and efficiency programs is the ideal solution.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Wind Energy Payback Dubious?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials