“Big Box” retailers, (like Wal-Mart) come with all sorts of positive conveniences and negative externalities. But when one closes down, leaving a vacant suburban hulk in its wake, it’s hard to see the benefits. Nonetheless, enterprising businesses & groups have been successfully re-using abandoned big box stores to the benefit of their local economy and at a substantial cost savings. Julia Christensen’s website has more.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Adataptive Big-Box Reuse
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors