Puget Sound Energy (PSE) is donating one million kilowatt hours of power to “help needy households pay their energy bills.” The donation comes in the form of renewables, by purchasing green tags from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to subsidize the non-renewable energy they are giving away. The free power comes in honor of their one-millionth customer. Serving half of all Washington households, PSE has found a way to celebrate this significant milestone in a manner most companies find quite elusive: By combining corporate social responsibility with green business.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Bard Graduate Programs in Sustainability Support the People’s Climate March in NYC!
- Twitter Chat on Millennials and Social Entrepreneurship: Making an Impact at Work
- Reignite Your Community Program
- The Power of Benchmarking
- How do we create a better future together? Triple Pundit and HP to Host Twitter chat LIVE from SXSW Eco
- Masdar Invests in £1.5bn Offshore Wind Farm; Expands its Presence in the UK Wind Energy Market