In return for voluntarily reducing waste beyond government-mandated levels, 3M has earned a nice bonus: Less regulation from the state of Wisconsin. It’s part of an experiment called the “environmental cooperative agreement”. The idea is that companies commit to various levels of emissions reduction and other environmental initiatives, and the state promises to be flexible and fast when approving company plans. (fine print here)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Cut Pollution, Cut Red Tape
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors