This is the kind of corporate communication we love to see – Ford putting out a lenghty release on the merits of sustainability as a business model. You can look at it cynically (the Hybrid escape is hardly a Prius), or take it as a sign that Ford is starting to ‘get it’. It’s worthy of discussion.
Ford – Sustainability is a Business Imperitive
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Kori on Plastics Recycling: You’re Doing it Wrong. And So is Everybody Else!
- Nick Aster on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- Miguel Galaz on Nobel Economists Gather to Discuss Direction of World Economy
- SLDI on The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet
- Travis Hellstrom on What’s the Difference Between Certified B Corps and Benefit Corps?
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think