We mentioned the coming of hybrid railways a few days ago. But now, this venture has a name, and a lot more coverage. RailPower Technologies’ Green Goat is a hybrid locomotive designed for switching yards. The Green Goat reduces emissions considerably, and actually costs less than a standard diesel switcher – Canadian Pacific expects to save $4Million annually by acquiring 35. Wired Magazine has more.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Here Comes the Green Goat
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials