We mentioned the coming of hybrid railways a few days ago. But now, this venture has a name, and a lot more coverage. RailPower Technologies’ Green Goat is a hybrid locomotive designed for switching yards. The Green Goat reduces emissions considerably, and actually costs less than a standard diesel switcher – Canadian Pacific expects to save $4Million annually by acquiring 35. Wired Magazine has more.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
Online: Jan 8
Webinar: Profiling the Practice of Corporate Citizenship
This FREE webinar explores how the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) dimensions of business are managed in today’s business world, and how these practices have evolved. Register here.
- Travis Noland
Atlanta: Jan 22 – Jan 24
RLSC’s Reverse Logistics Conference
What are the most critical issues facing reverse logistics executives today? Speakers include experts from retail, manufacturing, academia, and service sectors. This is the largest reverse logistics event of 2014. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Dec 18
Online Chat: Bart Alexander, Chief Corp. Responsibility Officer, Molson Coors
On Wed., Dec. 18th at 4:00pm PST, Nick Aster will talk with Bart Alexander about how Molson Coors has become a real sustainability leader amongst breweries. Register here.
- SLDI on State of the World Economy: The Emperor Has No Clothes
- Energy Northwest on Big Bucks Saved If Aging Hanford Nuclear Plant Closes
- Kris Schaeffer on Does A Great CSR Policy Allow A CEO to Make Dumb Decisions?
- DOGE on Nuclear Energy: Pros and Cons
- BarackObamaz on Nuclear Energy: Pros and Cons
- RLSC’s 2014 Reverse Logistics Conference
- An inside look at the practice of corporate citizenship
- Join us for the webinar: Innovating for Shared Value Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:00 am EST
- How Social Networks Handle The Death Of A User
- Go beyond the guinea pig in Peru
- Decreasing Consumption: Good For the Environment and Your Bank Account