Trading greenhouse gas emissions on an open market is one way to encourage companies to reduce their emissions. Top EU energy companies are showing an increased interest in trading this new commodity, driving the European price per metric ton of emissions to a record high yesterday. Trading volume and prices in the US are a mere fraction of those on the other side of the pond; if international emissions trading becomes a reality, American companies participating in the Chicago Climate Exchange stand to reap some significant rewards.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
International Emissions Trading Opportunity?
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors