Trading greenhouse gas emissions on an open market is one way to encourage companies to reduce their emissions. Top EU energy companies are showing an increased interest in trading this new commodity, driving the European price per metric ton of emissions to a record high yesterday. Trading volume and prices in the US are a mere fraction of those on the other side of the pond; if international emissions trading becomes a reality, American companies participating in the Chicago Climate Exchange stand to reap some significant rewards.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
International Emissions Trading Opportunity?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials