See that nice take-a-way sandwich in the transparent plastic container? You’d be surprised then to know that the container is a corn-based polymer called PLA. It’s one of many offerings from Natureworks that are derived from corn and (so they say) look just as good and work just as well. Of course there’s a premium – 18 cents each for salad bowls by my calculations – but that’s bound to come down with economies of scale.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Natureworks PLA Packaging
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good