See that nice take-a-way sandwich in the transparent plastic container? You’d be surprised then to know that the container is a corn-based polymer called PLA. It’s one of many offerings from Natureworks that are derived from corn and (so they say) look just as good and work just as well. Of course there’s a premium – 18 cents each for salad bowls by my calculations – but that’s bound to come down with economies of scale.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Natureworks PLA Packaging
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors