See that nice take-a-way sandwich in the transparent plastic container? You’d be surprised then to know that the container is a corn-based polymer called PLA. It’s one of many offerings from Natureworks that are derived from corn and (so they say) look just as good and work just as well. Of course there’s a premium – 18 cents each for salad bowls by my calculations – but that’s bound to come down with economies of scale.
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- White House, USDA Give Clean Energy Sector $68m Boost on
- Behind the People’s Climate March: An Interview with 350.org on
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide on
- ‘New Climate Economy': Growth via Climate Change Action on
- Cities Reframe Climate Conversation to Focus on ‘Resiliency’ on
- Why I’m Joining the People’s Climate March
- Solution Generation Brings Climate Change Leadership to Campuses and Communities Nationwide
- 80 Businesses Honored as ‘Best for Workers’, Creating Higher Quality Jobs That Serve a Higher Purpose
- How to create a sustainable office
- SAP and Partners Seek Guinness World Record for the Longest Electric Vehicle Parade
- What I Learned at CSRwire.com