See that nice take-a-way sandwich in the transparent plastic container? You’d be surprised then to know that the container is a corn-based polymer called PLA. It’s one of many offerings from Natureworks that are derived from corn and (so they say) look just as good and work just as well. Of course there’s a premium – 18 cents each for salad bowls by my calculations – but that’s bound to come down with economies of scale.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Travis Noland
Chestnut Hill: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- Horizon Launches Private Hospitality Networks
- Webinar: How to Reignite Your Community Program
- World Bank Releases 2014 Sustainability Report
- Mapping the Future: What to expect from the BoP Roadmap to be published next week
- 4 Things the Trucking Industry is Doing to Be More Green
- The Cost of Conflict Minerals Compliance Discussed