Toyota Motor Corp. and Daihatsu Motor Co. have jointly developed a new environment-friendly, water-based paint and new painting methods. These new technologies are expected to reduce VOC emissions by about 70 percent and CO2 emissions by about 15 percent compared with conventional processes, resulting in the lowest emission levels in the world. Daihatsu began selling cars painted with these new technologies on December 20, 2004. Learn more about this innovation in this months Japan for Sustainability.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
New Water-Based Paint Reduces VOCs, CO2 Emissions
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials