The Seattle-based firm, Team Hybrid, in partnership with non-government organizations Asiana Education Development and Doctors of the World, is transforming shipping containers into well-designed health clinics that can be put into long-term use in Sri Lanka. The aid stations will be outfitted with medical supplies and moved to a new location every four months. The team hopes to have them in place by April. Sustainable Metropolis has more on this story.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Old Containers Come to Aid in Sri Lanka
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials