UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has listened to angry parents and is calling for better school meals for their children by announcing a series of plans to swap junk food for ‘organic and local’ fresh meals. Blair acknowledges for the first time the strength of parental anger about the fatty, sugary processed diet on offer in many schools, saying that school kitchens will be rebuilt and equipped so dishes can be cooked from scratch. Read story.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Organic Foods replacing Junk Food in UK schools
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials