UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has listened to angry parents and is calling for better school meals for their children by announcing a series of plans to swap junk food for ‘organic and local’ fresh meals. Blair acknowledges for the first time the strength of parental anger about the fatty, sugary processed diet on offer in many schools, saying that school kitchens will be rebuilt and equipped so dishes can be cooked from scratch. Read story.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Organic Foods replacing Junk Food in UK schools
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk