A UN-brokered partnership system called “Growing Sustainable Business” between major corporations and other groups, is starting to see a real payoff passed on to the poor in various developing nations. The basic idea is that companies operate at a lower rate of return in order to give new markets a chance to develop. In the long term, viable business on a local level is fostered. (FT Story reproduced here)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Partnerships Passing Benefits to Poor
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Boston: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk
- Solving the eco-crisis – the power of the individual