South Africa has launched its first ever sustainable solar community. The development was one of fifteen projects chosen for the Global Warming Conference in Kyoto, Japan to exemplify how nations can grow and prosper while minimizing emissions of greenhouse gases at no additional cost. With the Kyoto Protocol placing increased global attention on sustainability, sun rich areas such as Africa and the Middle East may see a proliferation of such projects. Clean Edge dot com (sited in the previous posting) projects a nearly six fold increase in the solar industry over the next ten years.
Sun Shines on African Solar Design
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership