Citing economic common sense, the town of Wayne, NJ has embarked on an ambitious plan to achieve a higher degree of energy independance. The plan suggests everything from small wind turbines on street lights to using heat from a cogeneration plant to offset natural gas use at municipal buildings. The net result – less taxpayer money going up in smoke. (via treehugger)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Town-Scale Green Energy in New Jersey
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors