If a Chinese restaurant uses nice, reusable chopsticks I always give it extra points. Nonetheless, most dont, resulting in about 10 gazillion perfectly good pieces of wood being tossed in the landfill every year. Rather than fret over the waste, Kwytza Kraft saw a business opportunity. They’re creating surprisingly good looking products, from lamps to floormats, out of chopsticks they collect and clean.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Used Chopsticks Make Great Business
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials