No matter how “good” something is, there’s sometimes a point where it grows to the point of conflict. Enter the windmill and the birds. In addition to being “unsightly” to some people, wind turbines have a nasty reputation for killing birds. Just how many are killed, and how big a problem it really is depends on a lot of factors. Making bigger towers that turn more slowly may help, but it’s another challenge to work out on the long road to sustainability.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Wind Energy vs. The Birds
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials