No matter how “good” something is, there’s sometimes a point where it grows to the point of conflict. Enter the windmill and the birds. In addition to being “unsightly” to some people, wind turbines have a nasty reputation for killing birds. Just how many are killed, and how big a problem it really is depends on a lot of factors. Making bigger towers that turn more slowly may help, but it’s another challenge to work out on the long road to sustainability.
Wind Energy vs. The Birds
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership