No matter how “good” something is, there’s sometimes a point where it grows to the point of conflict. Enter the windmill and the birds. In addition to being “unsightly” to some people, wind turbines have a nasty reputation for killing birds. Just how many are killed, and how big a problem it really is depends on a lot of factors. Making bigger towers that turn more slowly may help, but it’s another challenge to work out on the long road to sustainability.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Wind Energy vs. The Birds
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good
- New Sustain:Green MasterCard Brings Carbon Reduction Rewards and Sustainability to Everyday Purchases
- ClimateCare: Changing Cooking in Kenya for Good
- Masdar Reveals Winner Of Third International Blogging Contest Themed ’Describe Your City In 2030’
- New Year = New Behaviors. Let’s make 2015 the year we ditch disposables!