Terra Nova Ecological Landscaping of Santa Cruz California has a business model that’s about as green as it gets. As a landscaping company that may be easier than for other types of firms, but there is still plenty of room for interesting innovation. The company recently teamed up with a local tea company to recycle mounds of fragrent used tea leaves as something called “Chai Mulch” (article in Epoch times), a win for the landfill and for happy customers’ olfactory sensibilities. To top it off, they’re using bikes as their primary mode of hauling materials. (website)
« Back to Home Page
Chai Tea to Mulch Equals Good Business
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- ecomaine on Plastics Recycling: You’re Doing it Wrong. And So is Everybody Else!
- Nick Aster on Plastics Recycling: You’re Doing it Wrong. And So is Everybody Else!
- SLDI on Co-ops: Sustainable Solution for Economic Growth
- Rob on Uber Taps Users in Fight Against California Anti-Ridesharing Bill
- RPSiegel on Why Energy Efficiency is About to Come Roaring Back
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?