While we’re on the subject of shipping pollutants, Evergreen International has been charged with two dozen felony dumping charges for discharging oil into the Columbia River. The Department of Justice report also charges the company with repeatedly covering up the operation. A plea bargain has resulted in a record $25 Million fine being levied against the firm.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Evergreen to pay $25 Mil in Pollution Fines
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors