Led by Toyota’s venerable Prius, the Hybrid car market nearly doubled in 2004 from the year before. Despite the vehicles’ higher costs, government incentives combined with a surge in consumer awareness have continued to make hybrids the rising stars in the automotive marketplace. Some estimates suggest that within 10 years, hybrids will account for a third of all vehicles sold. Toyota and Honda are the clear leaders in the field; it remains to be seen if US car makers can join them with similar success. (AP via MyYahoo)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Hybrid Car Market Nearly Doubles
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk