Like all good hacks, this probably voids your warranty, but a group of enterprising folks in silicon valley have managed to rig a Toyota Prius with a plug. This allows users to crank the batteries to maximum charge overnight, reducing the amount of gasoline needed. One enthusiast claims an astonishing 180mpg is possible. No word on his electric bill, but Toyota and other skeptics claim the batteries just aren’t made to handle this sort of abuse, and environmentalists remind us – the ‘greeness’ of an electric car is only as good as the source the electricity comes from. [Cnet article here]
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Prius Hack Could Give 180 Miles per Gallon
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors