Although, alternative technology needs not incoporate breakthrough principles into its design, new wind turbines are proving that innovation can indeed revolutionize the past. Spanish researchers are designing windmills with efficiency far greater than any horizontal axis windmill of old. One of the key advantages of this design is that the blades are located in the front rotation area and in the direction of the wind, and offer practically no resistance when blades are cycling through the generator’s return area. This allows the machine to harness available wind more efficiently. Read more.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- commonsenseamerica on Connecting the Dots: Honey Export Loss Leads Mexico to Dump Monsanto’s GM Soy
- Harvest McCampbell on Connecting the Dots: Honey Export Loss Leads Mexico to Dump Monsanto’s GM Soy
- David @ NCP on J.M. Smuckers Commits To a Sustainable and Traceable Palm Oil Supply Chain
- Verne_J_Hostan on Connecting the Dots: Honey Export Loss Leads Mexico to Dump Monsanto’s GM Soy
- JohnH on 4 Lessons from Burger King’s Decision to Stop Serving Low-Calorie Fries
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?