Partially funded by the Canadian government, Drake Landing Development is building a 52-home solar powered community in freezing Alberta of all places. The solar system will harvest the sun’s rays in summer and use them to heat homes in winter. “This system significantly reduces greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrates the importance of using clean, renewable energy sources,” Tommy Banks, a Canadian parliamentarian. Read more in Reuters
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Solar Energy Powers Canadian Homes in Winter
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk