The U.S. Transporation Department estimates a whopping 10,000 barrels of oil a day could be saved by extending daylight savings time by two months. The savings would come due to a decrease in electrical demands during daylit hours. In an attempt to offset skyrocketing energy costs, an ammendment stipulating this extension has already been approved by lawmakers. Hopefully the legislators invloved realize that the sun not only provides natural light, but also harvestable energy that could further offset rising costs.
Suspending Time to Save Oil
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership