The U.S. Transporation Department estimates a whopping 10,000 barrels of oil a day could be saved by extending daylight savings time by two months. The savings would come due to a decrease in electrical demands during daylit hours. In an attempt to offset skyrocketing energy costs, an ammendment stipulating this extension has already been approved by lawmakers. Hopefully the legislators invloved realize that the sun not only provides natural light, but also harvestable energy that could further offset rising costs.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Suspending Time to Save Oil
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors