No, the Kyoto effect is not a warming climate trend, it’s a warming profit trend. As reported in GreenBiz, European companies that deal in renewable energy have already seen significant stock price growth, while their counterparts in non-Kyoto nations have seen weakening. The article does mention that it’s too early to tell if the effect is provable but it certainly adds improved prospects to renweable energy investment, at least in Europe.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
The Kyoto Effect?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials