Here’s some Friday fun for the technology enthusiasts out there: the often overlooked energy contained in the waves of the ocean. With a little development, no fewer than 4 different types of wave energy could be adding power to our sustainable grid. The concept in the little photo to the right is a network of buoys that simply undulates with the ocean, producing electricity in the process. Simpler buoy systems, and more complex constructions that look like dams on the shorline are also in the works. Lots more info and photos on Treehugger.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
The Many Forms of Wave Energy
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good