Here’s some Friday fun for the technology enthusiasts out there: the often overlooked energy contained in the waves of the ocean. With a little development, no fewer than 4 different types of wave energy could be adding power to our sustainable grid. The concept in the little photo to the right is a network of buoys that simply undulates with the ocean, producing electricity in the process. Simpler buoy systems, and more complex constructions that look like dams on the shorline are also in the works. Lots more info and photos on Treehugger.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think
- What does Local Sourcing mean to HEINEKEN?