Here’s some Friday fun for the technology enthusiasts out there: the often overlooked energy contained in the waves of the ocean. With a little development, no fewer than 4 different types of wave energy could be adding power to our sustainable grid. The concept in the little photo to the right is a network of buoys that simply undulates with the ocean, producing electricity in the process. Simpler buoy systems, and more complex constructions that look like dams on the shorline are also in the works. Lots more info and photos on Treehugger.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
The Many Forms of Wave Energy
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors