Here’s some Friday fun for the technology enthusiasts out there: the often overlooked energy contained in the waves of the ocean. With a little development, no fewer than 4 different types of wave energy could be adding power to our sustainable grid. The concept in the little photo to the right is a network of buoys that simply undulates with the ocean, producing electricity in the process. Simpler buoy systems, and more complex constructions that look like dams on the shorline are also in the works. Lots more info and photos on Treehugger.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
The Many Forms of Wave Energy
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials