Here’s some Friday fun for the technology enthusiasts out there: the often overlooked energy contained in the waves of the ocean. With a little development, no fewer than 4 different types of wave energy could be adding power to our sustainable grid. The concept in the little photo to the right is a network of buoys that simply undulates with the ocean, producing electricity in the process. Simpler buoy systems, and more complex constructions that look like dams on the shorline are also in the works. Lots more info and photos on Treehugger.
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- KvinlonWeldon on Nest Freezes Sales of Smoke Alarm, Is Sued Over Thermostat’s Energy Savings Claims
- upcycler on Belgium Hosts Europe’s Best Recycling and Prevention Program
- sunil ayyawar on Cleveland Browns Roll Out New Food Waste-to-Energy System
- Lance Sjogren on Transmission for Renewables: Cheaper and Greener Than Natural Gas Pipelines
- Lance Sjogren on Stopping Keystone XL: The Message is Getting Through
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 2
- Eco-Friendly Products to Celebrate Earth Day in Style
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 1
- Sustainable Brands® Announces Full Program Details for Global Brand Innovation Conference
- Treeson Spring Water: A step in solving the bottled water problem
- Twitter Chat: What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?