Although it might seem ironic to many environmentalists, the EPA’s latest list of leaders in renewable energy consumption is topped by none other than the United States Air Force. The USAF is using a whopping 321,416 MegaWatts of green power mostly on bases in the desert southwest. Although green energy is still a small percentage of the military’s total consumption, the sheer volume is important in creating an economy of scale for other groups looking to green their energy usage. (USAF press release)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
US Air Force Leads the Way in Renewable Energy
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk