The May 2005 MIT Technolgy Review reports that up to 25% of additional energy added to Europe’s grid may come from wind. A multitude of factors must be considered when evaluating how to maximize this energy output, and contradicting theories exist among industry leaders. For instance, some feel that harnessing as much power as possible in an individual windmill is the best way to go in order to reduce the cost per kilowatt hour, and in order to do so, windmills must be built as big as possible. On the flipside of this argument is that if mechanical problems arise, they are more challenging to offset, because each individual unit is responsbible for a greater energy output. Numerous other cosideration abound. Read More…
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Lexus on Despite Bully Tactics, We Can’t Stop Using Uber
- poorthing71 on Obama to Seek ‘Politically Binding’ Climate Agreement
- Nick Aster on Obama to Seek ‘Politically Binding’ Climate Agreement
- OmarChristie on Obama to Seek ‘Politically Binding’ Climate Agreement
- Renee Owen on What Can a School Teach Us about Organizational Agility?
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think