The Chinese government is taking steps to curtail runaway energy use in Beijing by offering a telephone hotline for people to report violators. (Source – China Daily) The idea is that if wasteful companies are publically shamed, energy use will fall into line with the city’s current capacity. To be honest, this set-up sounds a little creepy – I’m not sure why it’s better to publicaly report companies than to approach them directly, but maybe it’ll work.
Beijing Announces Energy Hotline to Cut Waste
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership