The Chinese government is taking steps to curtail runaway energy use in Beijing by offering a telephone hotline for people to report violators. (Source – China Daily) The idea is that if wasteful companies are publically shamed, energy use will fall into line with the city’s current capacity. To be honest, this set-up sounds a little creepy – I’m not sure why it’s better to publicaly report companies than to approach them directly, but maybe it’ll work.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Beijing Announces Energy Hotline to Cut Waste
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials