The Chinese government is taking steps to curtail runaway energy use in Beijing by offering a telephone hotline for people to report violators. (Source – China Daily) The idea is that if wasteful companies are publically shamed, energy use will fall into line with the city’s current capacity. To be honest, this set-up sounds a little creepy – I’m not sure why it’s better to publicaly report companies than to approach them directly, but maybe it’ll work.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Beijing Announces Energy Hotline to Cut Waste
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk