As reported by “Clean Edge”, Ford may be taking a more formidable approach to hybrid technology than ever before. Mary Ann Wright, Ford’s first director of sustainable mobility technologies, admits: “I’m not going to hide behind the line that [the large SUV] ‘is what our customers want.’ We have to balance that with our environmental responsibility as a company. Climate change is here, we aren’t denying it, and we’ve got to take action.” It’s not just a shift in climate that is motivating Ford. Strong sales with Ford’s Escape hybrid have shown the bottom line viability of alternative automotive technology. Read more…
Ford: Admitting Past Mypoia for the Better?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Making It magazine on Coconuts and Sustainable Development: Adding Value to a Wasted Resource
- RPSiegel on Connecting the Dots: Honey Export Loss Leads Mexico to Dump Monsanto’s GM Soy
- john bruce beardsley on Climate Denial Smokescreen Now Extends to South Asian Food Challenges
- jaredn79 on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- jenboynton on Whole Foods’ Sale of Rabbit Meat Is a Big Pet Peeve to Some
- SXSW Eco Announces Finalists for Startup Showcase and Place by Design Competitions
- Cartridge for a cause recycles for charity
- Kaiser Permanente Environmental Leader Makes the Case for Hospitals to Help Heal the Planet
- The green teams saving your business energy
- How IT Advancements Boost The Sustainability Of Wind Power
- The Toxic Garage: More Frequent Than You Think