As reported by “Clean Edge”, Ford may be taking a more formidable approach to hybrid technology than ever before. Mary Ann Wright, Ford’s first director of sustainable mobility technologies, admits: “I’m not going to hide behind the line that [the large SUV] ‘is what our customers want.’ We have to balance that with our environmental responsibility as a company. Climate change is here, we aren’t denying it, and we’ve got to take action.” It’s not just a shift in climate that is motivating Ford. Strong sales with Ford’s Escape hybrid have shown the bottom line viability of alternative automotive technology. Read more…
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Ford: Admitting Past Mypoia for the Better?
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials