As reported by “Clean Edge”, Ford may be taking a more formidable approach to hybrid technology than ever before. Mary Ann Wright, Ford’s first director of sustainable mobility technologies, admits: “I’m not going to hide behind the line that [the large SUV] ‘is what our customers want.’ We have to balance that with our environmental responsibility as a company. Climate change is here, we aren’t denying it, and we’ve got to take action.” It’s not just a shift in climate that is motivating Ford. Strong sales with Ford’s Escape hybrid have shown the bottom line viability of alternative automotive technology. Read more…
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Ford: Admitting Past Mypoia for the Better?
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good
- New Sustain:Green MasterCard Brings Carbon Reduction Rewards and Sustainability to Everyday Purchases
- ClimateCare: Changing Cooking in Kenya for Good
- Masdar Reveals Winner Of Third International Blogging Contest Themed ’Describe Your City In 2030’
- New Year = New Behaviors. Let’s make 2015 the year we ditch disposables!