Japan for Sustainability reports that Fujitsu has developed computer cases that are 50% bioplastic – a substance derived from starches found in corn and potatos. The cases are not 100% bioplastic because of molding problems that have yet to be worked out, but the hybrid material sill reduces CO2 emissions by about 15% over the product lifetime.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Fujitsu Working on Bioplastic Computer Components
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials