Japan for Sustainability reports that Fujitsu has developed computer cases that are 50% bioplastic – a substance derived from starches found in corn and potatos. The cases are not 100% bioplastic because of molding problems that have yet to be worked out, but the hybrid material sill reduces CO2 emissions by about 15% over the product lifetime.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Fujitsu Working on Bioplastic Computer Components
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk