The US operations of HSBC commited in December to the principal of eventually being carbon-neutral. GreenBiz reports the bank will now purchase almost 45,000 MWh of wind-energy credits. The purchase will cover 30% of HSBC’s energy requirements and is among the single largest wind energy purchases so far made in North America.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
HSBC to Switch to 30% Wind Power
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Sustainable Brands Announces ‘How Now’ Theme for SB’15 San Diego Conference, June 1-4, 2015
- Gelfand Partners Architects – A Woman-Owned, Full Service Design Firm
- Access Early Bird Discounts for the International Women’s Day 2015 Forum!
- Motoring Advice: Saving Money and the Environment When Buying a Car
- Press release: #RBS is back – Embed sustainable innovation into your business model
- Wellness Travel: Meeting Consumer Demand & Serving Public Good