The US operations of HSBC commited in December to the principal of eventually being carbon-neutral. GreenBiz reports the bank will now purchase almost 45,000 MWh of wind-energy credits. The purchase will cover 30% of HSBC’s energy requirements and is among the single largest wind energy purchases so far made in North America.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
HSBC to Switch to 30% Wind Power
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials