The US operations of HSBC commited in December to the principal of eventually being carbon-neutral. GreenBiz reports the bank will now purchase almost 45,000 MWh of wind-energy credits. The purchase will cover 30% of HSBC’s energy requirements and is among the single largest wind energy purchases so far made in North America.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
HSBC to Switch to 30% Wind Power
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk