As reported yesterday on Worldchanging, the New Zealand governement has imposed a NZ$11 per ton tax on carbon emissions. The tax ammounts to about NZ$2.90 per citizen, but is expected to be balanced out by other tax cuts. Also, as a tax on waste, it provides the right incentives for companies to become more efficient to reduce costs.
New Zealand Enacts First Ever Carbon Tax
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership