One way to avoid complaints about “ugly” wind farms and capture the best wind at the same time is to put the wind farm out to sea. Long Island Power is planning a 40 Turbine facility about ten miles off the south coast of Long Island, NY. It’s expected to generate 140MWs of electricy and power close to 45,000 homes – that’s pretty significant, even in an area as developed as the New York Metro Region.
Offshore Wind Farm to Surface off Long Island
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Travis Noland
Chestnut Hill: Nov 17 – Nov 21
Boston College for Corporate Citizenship Leadership Academy
Join this intensive 5-month program that blends on-campus instructor-led classes and off-campus, facilitated distance learning. Register here.
- World Bank Releases 2014 Sustainability Report
- Mapping the Future: What to expect from the BoP Roadmap to be published next week
- 4 Things the Trucking Industry is Doing to Be More Green
- The Cost of Conflict Minerals Compliance Discussed
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship Announces 2015 Leadership Academy
- ISBX Cracks INC 5000 For the Second Time