One way to avoid complaints about “ugly” wind farms and capture the best wind at the same time is to put the wind farm out to sea. Long Island Power is planning a 40 Turbine facility about ten miles off the south coast of Long Island, NY. It’s expected to generate 140MWs of electricy and power close to 45,000 homes – that’s pretty significant, even in an area as developed as the New York Metro Region.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Offshore Wind Farm to Surface off Long Island
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials