A $300 million agreement has been reached between a semi-conductor corporation and SOLON AG, Germany’s largest photvoltaic module manufacturer. The product being supplied by SOLON AG is for their new “SOLON-Mover,” a system designed for deployment in multi-megawatt power plants. The system’s panels rotate and tilt automatically during the day, so that they directly face the sun at all times. This unique design, which allowins for increased power generation of up to 50%, makes these units viable for large power stations. Typically, solar technology is used to power individual units as opposed to centralized power stations.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
PV Panels Potency Increasing
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials