According to today’s Wall Street Journal (may require subscription to read), the large truck market has been showing steady signs of weakening in what is arguably its most fashionable home: Texas. High gasoline prices are clearly the main reason, rather than a sudden affection for cute volkswagons. Nonetheless, it’s a real market shift in one of the strongest big-car holdouts, and it’s likely to continue for the indefinite future.
SUV Market Shrinks, Even in Texas
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Travis Noland
London: May 20 – May 22
2014 Global Sustainability Standards Conference
Listen to progressive companies and governments and leaders from Fairtrade, Forest Stewardship Council, Marine Stewardship Council, Rainforest Alliance, and other influential certifications discuss what brings the whole standards movement together: Trust. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 30
Online Chat: Brad Molotsky; EVP, Brandywine Realty Trust
Chat about the growing sustainable real estate trend; learn how Brandywine Realty Trust is leading the way. Register here.
- Max Weismann on Women in CSR: Sophia Siskel, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Sonia Best-Koetting on Women in CSR: KoAnn Vikoren Skrzyniarz, Sustainable Life Media
- Guest on Building Code Revision Launches California Toward Zero Net Energy Buildings
- JD0125 on 3p Weekend: 10 Companies You May Be Surprised Still Manufacture in the U.S.
- Annette on 3p Weekend: 10 Companies You May Be Surprised Still Manufacture in the U.S.
- Stanford Climate Scientist Mark Jacobson Addresses Climate Challenges
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 2
- Eco-Friendly Products to Celebrate Earth Day in Style
- LIVE FEED: Global Philanthropy Forum Day 1
- Sustainable Brands® Announces Full Program Details for Global Brand Innovation Conference
- Treeson Spring Water: A step in solving the bottled water problem