Confronting the eWaste debacle head on, Apple Computer will now offer customers a 10% discount on a new iPod if they return their old iPod to a store rather than discarding it (Article on Cnet). Environmentalists and others are especially concerned that the iPod’s toxic battery components were not being properly disposed of. The new policy promises that the iPods will be “processed” in the US and that no hazardous material will be sent overseas. Exactly what the meaning of “processed” is was not addressed, however. (Apple press release).
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Apple Moved to Recycle iPods
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors