The conversion of surplus sugarcane to ethanol in Brazil seems to be paying off for the country (See Washington Post). Brazil is now the world’s largest producer of ethanol and is exporting the fuel to the United States. Furthermore, an amazing 30% of Brazillian vehicles are already running on it, at price about half that of gasoline.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Biofuels Payoff for Brazil
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials