The conversion of surplus sugarcane to ethanol in Brazil seems to be paying off for the country (See Washington Post). Brazil is now the world’s largest producer of ethanol and is exporting the fuel to the United States. Furthermore, an amazing 30% of Brazillian vehicles are already running on it, at price about half that of gasoline.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Biofuels Payoff for Brazil
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors