For every 10% you shave off a vehicle’s weight, you save around 7% in fuel costs. Research that can help automakers make lighter vehicles without compromising saftey is therefore immensely valuable, as well as environmentally progressive. The US Department of Energy has just announced, in conjunction with the US Council for Automotive Research, a $70 Million program to speed up research and development in the area of advanced, lightweight materials. Some of the most advanced are said to reduce vehicle weight by as much as 70% – you do the math. (Source – DOE Press Release)
DOE/USCAR Seek High-Strength, Light Weight Materials
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Travis Noland
Los Angeles: Mar 23 – Mar 25
International Corporate Citizenship Conference 2014
Join 650 corporate managers in an environment where practitioners exchange ideas, experiences, and challenges with a knowledgeable and committed network of corporate citizenship peers. Register here.
- Nick Aster
San Diego: Apr 24 – Apr 27
Social Venture Network Spring Conference
SVN conferences convene and connect influential, innovative business leaders, impact investors and cultural entrepreneurs to create an experience where attendees can share the ideas and resources they need to succeed and grow. Register here.
- Nick Aster
New York: May 13 – May 14
Shared Value Leadership Summit
For business leaders and problem solvers who see exciting market opportunities at the intersection of business goals and societal challenges, the Shared Value Initiative is the leading community shaping research, partnerships, and practices. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Mar 12
Online Chat: Neil Hawkins; Vice President, Sustainability, The Dow Chemical Company
What are ecosystem services? Ever thought about putting a price on nature? Learn about The Dow Chemical Company's work with The Nature Conservancy and some of the ways the company is working with nature to improve otherwise expensive and possibly toxic processes like water treatment. Register here.
- Marissa Rosen
Online: Apr 16
Online Chat: Justin Bakule; Executive Director, Shared Value Initiative
Learn how the SVI works with corporate, civil society, government and academic stakeholders to influence the development of shared value research. Register here.
- Joanne on Tweet Jam: Sustainable Fashion March 11th
- RPSiegel on ConEd’s Energy Storage Program Will Allow Renewables to Offset Nuclear
- Orlando Roof repair on Plastic Bottles Turn to Roofing Materials in Disaster Zones
- alen odye on Wastewater Treatment Plant to Produce Electricity From Fuel Cells
- Roberto on San Francisco Achieves Highest Recycling Rate in U.S.
- TriplePundit Receives Official B Corporation Status
- Changing Lives Through Coffee: Now Crowdfunding!
- ISOS Group to Help Launch CDP Training Efforts in the US
- The Energy Efficient Home Owner: Consuming Eco-Friendly Resources
- 3 Reasons Why A Green Remodeling Franchise Can Be A Good Investment
- New Partnership Addresses Climate Risk in Supply Chain