“If there is one price we should want to see rise, it is that of a permit to pollute”. So says the Financial Times, among the world’s leading business publications. The price they are referring to is the cost of emitting a ton of carbon into the air as defined by the EU carbon trading market – the price has been rising due to a number of factors explained in the article. Ultimately, this price rise is likely to result in less pollution in general. It’s great to see the FT taking pollution seriously, but also great to see that a market-based system for reducing it that works efficiently and keeps business happy.
Financial Times Praises Higher Pollution Costs
Fireside Chat: Live
Where we’re going
- Marissa Rosen
San Francisco: Mar 16 – Mar 18
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – With Discount Code
Cleantech Forum SF is the world’s largest summit for those immersed in sustainability that drives innovation. 3p readers use CFSF153P for $300 discount. Register here.
- WEBINAR: Jaguar Land Rover, The Royal Bam Group & McCain Foods on Sustainable Innovation
- Oliver Russell Forms Social Impact Partnership with Treefort Music Fest
- Webinar: Best Practices in Obesity Prevention
- Advisory: U.S. Chamber Foundation and United Nations to Celebrate International Women’s Day in New York City
- The Path Forward for Solving Complex Social Problems: Multi-Sector Collaborations
- Next Week: Twitter Chat on Women in Corporate Leadership