Manure, that age old fertilizer, is finding new use as a source of modern energy, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A company called GHD Inc. has produced a successful line of cow manure digesters that ultimately produce hot water for the farm, fertilizer, methane for electricity production.
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Manure to Energy – Less Stinky, More Profitable
Where we’re going
- Graphic: Collaborative Economy Honeycomb
- Has your organization had its annual Sustainability Audit?
- OpenIDEO Huddle: Design Thinking + Renewable Energy
- Betting Big on Electric Vehicles
- Vulnerable Homeless Warned of Storm Through New Mobile Service
- ‘Buyers’ Club’ Flexes Market Muscle in Favor of Healthier Building Materials