A truly massive wind-farm has been seriously proposed for the Thames Estuary off the coast of England by ShellEnergy. If built, the farm could power as much as 25% of greater London – a metroplex of over 10 Million. It’s so gigantic that it could singlehandedly mark the tipping point after which wind energy ceases to be a trivial component of the world’s production. Not only that, but it’s enormously significant for Shell as well. I’ve no idea what kind of percentage of Shell’s revenues are currently generated by alternative energy, but this would certainly change things. (via Alt-e blog)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Massive Wind Farm Proposed to Power 25% of London
Where we’re going
- The Low-Carbon Company: Mastering the low-carbon economy
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors