Knowing that a glass of apple juice took as much water to produce as your daily shower may sound like trivia, but the math behind that calculation represents an incredibly valuable tool to audit the real-world effects our lifstyles and economies have on natural systems. The Australian government agency CSIRO has just completed an extensive nationwide analysis based on “triple bottom line” principles. It’s a monster of a report (over 800 pages), so add it to your weekend project list! (download here) (via Treehugger)
« Back to Home Page
Sign up for the 3p daily dispatch:
Triple Bottom Line Audit for Australia – Balancing Act
Where we’re going
- U.S. Chamber Foundation Names Winners of 15th Annual Corporate Citizenship Awards
- The Military and Asbestos-Related Diseases
- Toronto CBSR Summit Coming Soon!
- What’s In A Food Word?
- Sustainability Management Association Welcomes Four New Board of Directors
- Abu Dhabi to Support International Efforts to Address Energy and Water Security, Sustainable Development and Climate Risk