Knowing that a glass of apple juice took as much water to produce as your daily shower may sound like trivia, but the math behind that calculation represents an incredibly valuable tool to audit the real-world effects our lifstyles and economies have on natural systems. The Australian government agency CSIRO has just completed an extensive nationwide analysis based on “triple bottom line” principles. It’s a monster of a report (over 800 pages), so add it to your weekend project list! (download here) (via Treehugger)
Triple Bottom Line Audit for Australia – Balancing Act
Fireside Chat: Live
- Nick Aster
Philadelphia: Sep 30
Stories & Beer Philadelphia: Measuring Positive Impact
Measuring financial success is straightforward enough, but how do you measure a business's overall positive impact? Join 4 different b-corps to talk about it in Philadelphia. Register here.
Where we’re going
- Nick Aster
London: Nov 3 – Nov 5
Sustainable Brands London 2014
Connect with Sustainability Executives, Brand Strategists, and Design & Innovation Leaders as the Sustainable Brands London Conference convenes to drive the innovation that leads to enhanced business. Discount with code: NW3pSB14L Register here.
- Travis Noland
Sausalito: Nov 11 – Nov 12
Executive Working Group on Stakeholder Engagement
Future 500’s 5th Annual Executive Working Group will bring together peers and experts, and provide a rare opportunity to engage with stakeholder influentials (such as NGO activist leaders and foundation funders). Register here.
- Twitter Chat on Millennials and Social Entrepreneurship: Making an Impact at Work
- Reignite Your Community Program
- The Power of Benchmarking
- How do we create a better future together? Triple Pundit and HP to Host Twitter chat LIVE from SXSW Eco
- Masdar Invests in £1.5bn Offshore Wind Farm; Expands its Presence in the UK Wind Energy Market
- Solar Lamps Transform Rwanda Refugee Camp